Head of Strategy & Insights
Purpose of the role:
Leading a team of four, the Head of Strategy & Insights will:
1. Lead the provision of high-quality research, market intelligence, and analysis to deliver breadth and depth of actionable insight across Tourism Ireland’s research programme in support of the organisation’s mission and the island’s tourism industry and policy-makers.
2. Actively contribute at the highest level to strategy development for Tourism Ireland, the tourism industry at large and the island’s policy-makers; and,
3. Direct Tourism Ireland’s strategy development and planning activities ensuring the development and delivery of high quality, innovative and world-leading corporate strategy and business plans.
The Head of Strategy & Insights will position Tourism Ireland as a global leader in the fields of tourism research, analysis and strategic planning.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
1. Provide strategic direction for the organisation, for the island’s tourism industry and for policy makers.
2. Lead development of the organisation’s annual strategic marketing plan as well as business and corporate plans.
3. Oversee the management of the organisation’s performance measurement system and put in place a best-in-class method of assessing return on marketing investment.
4. Position Ireland most effectively through the identification of our best potential markets and the segments and messaging which will deliver the greatest return on investment. Monitor ongoing brand health and proactively identify strategies to drive the brand forward.
5. Design and manage a comprehensive research programme to deliver actionable insight and market intelligence. Proactively identify business research requirements. Work with other teams to deliver business insights from all of our available data (e.g. from our e-marketing or cooperative partner marketing activities). Work closely with colleagues to ensure understanding and integration of research outcomes, insights and market intelligence in campaign planning and decision making.
6. Keep up to date with the latest thinking and best practice in the provision of insight and intelligence and ensure that Tourism Ireland’s research programme is innovative and worldleading. In doing so, enhance the organisation’s profile, reputation and influence.
7. Forge and develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders (including senior management, other teams in the Central Marketing Division, our overseas marketing personnel, our communications agencies, Fáilte Ireland, Tourism Northern Ireland, sponsoring government Departments and tourism industry members) in the pursuit of shared objectives and to deliver maximum value for the organisation.
8. Communicate relevant strategy, insight and intelligence both internally and externally in a practical and timely manner (e.g. through management reports, email bulletins, publications, presentations).
9. Direct and manage the team to ensure that all agreed objectives are achieved to a high standard whilst seeking opportunities for strategic improvement in your areas of responsibility. Promote individual and team development, customer focus and an ethos of sharing knowledge and insights.
10. Oversee and manage financial planning and control as well as corporate governance and risk management for the team in line with company policy and procedures.
11. Such other duties as may reasonably be required by the time from time-to-time.
Note: Some travel on the island of Ireland and overseas will be a requirement of this role.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, experience and competencies.
▪ A strong analytical and strategic thinker with technical expertise, proven experience and a track record in the identification and reporting of insights. Highly numerate, with an eye for detail and the ability to mine and convert multiple data sources into a compelling business argument. Committed to high quality and excellence.
▪ Experience in designing, implementing, and analysing research of the highest quality. Ability to manage multiple projects, working to tight deadlines across a number of senior stakeholders.
▪ Experience and achievement in a strategy development role, including the management of corporate and marketing planning activities.
▪ Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
▪ A strong presenter and influencer with a proven track record in influencing senior management to gain buy-in to decisions and giving the customer a voice at management level and with stakeholders.
▪ Cooperative and responsive to the needs of customers, colleagues and other stakeholders.
▪ A well-developed ability to navigate and interact effectively in a complex stakeholder environment.
▪ Strong leadership skills and an excellent people manager with a strong commitment to individual and team development and learning, an ability to set goals, drive change and motivate the team to excel and deliver.
▪ A higher level degree in mathematics, statistics, psychology, social sciences, business, marketing, economics or other relevant research field.
▪ Experience / knowledge of information technology, knowledge management systems and statistical software.
▪ Good knowledge of the island of Ireland, its tourism products and industry structures.
Screening is by Application Form only - click APPLY for details.
Closing Date for receipt of applications is 12.00 noon (GMT) on Monday, 24th April 2017.
Late applications will not be accepted.