Head of Business Partnership
Purpose of the role:
To manage and coordinate Tourism Ireland’s business partnership activities with key business influencers including Fáilte Ireland, Tourism Northern Ireland, island of Ireland-based industry, overseas trade, air and sea carriers, as well as ports and airports. Leading a team of six, the Head of Business Partnership has a central role to play in helping to generate additional business for the island and in helping Northern Ireland to realise its tourism potential.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
1. Encourage and advise industry on the island of Ireland in relation to marketing opportunities in overseas markets. Overseeing central coordination of activities, develop bespoke cross-market campaigns in conjunction with markets and work with markets to develop a coordinated approach to industry opportunities including management of the Industry Opportunities website.
2. Manage and coordinate cooperative programmes with island of Ireland-based incoming tour operators (e.g. the ITOA Cooperative marketing programme).
3. Manage and coordinate the activation of pan-market industry platforms (e.g. for the luxury segment).
4. Manage and coordinate Tourism Ireland’s cooperative access programme with air and sea carriers, ports and airports. This includes the development and coordination of strategy internally and with external stakeholders, the design of cooperative activity, the management of special initiatives (such as the Department of Transport, Tourism & Sport’s Regional Access initiative) and reporting.
5. Agree strategies and budgets for overseas trade activities with Fáilte Ireland and Tourism Northern Ireland and liaise with markets to turn these into activity programmes. Collaborate with these agencies to jointly deliver island of Ireland trade events such as Meitheal and Meet the Buyer. Manage Tourism Ireland’s internal trade strategy and tools for delivery.
6. Agree strategies and budgets for business tourism and other niche products (such as golf) with Fáilte Ireland, Tourism Northern Ireland and the market offices. Coordinate market plans to deliver against agreed strategy.
7. Collaborate with Fáilte Ireland and Tourism Northern Ireland to coordinate industry activity and to represent Tourism Ireland and the voice of the overseas industry in appropriate forums (e.g. as co-chair of the Joint Operating Group with Fáilte Ireland).
8. Oversee and manage financial planning and control as well as corporate governance and risk management for the Department in line with company policy and procedures.
9. Oversee and manage the HR aspects of the team in line with company policy and procedures.
10. Such other duties as may reasonably be required by the time from time-to-time.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, experience and competencies.
▪ Relevant experience in a senior marketing role, with a proven ability to develop and implement strategy and operational plans.
▪ Excellent leadership skills, with an ability to set goals, drive change and motivate the team to excel and deliver.
▪ Experience of working in a complex stakeholder environment, demonstrating sensitivity to how people and organisations function and an ability to effectively manoeuvre through complex political situations.
▪ Demonstrates a commitment to collaborative working.
▪ Excellent networking skills with a strong track record of establishing and maintaining effective relationships with colleagues, partners and stakeholders.
▪ A good communicator with well-developed influencing and negotiating skills.
▪ Management experience including experience in managing budgets.
▪ A third level qualification in business, marketing or other relevant discipline.
▪ Good knowledge of the island of Ireland, its tourism products and industry structures.
Screening is by Application Form only - please click APPLY for details.
Closing Date for receipt of applications is 12.00 noon (GMT) on Monday, 24th April 2017.
Late applications will not be accepted.