Chief ICT Officer
The Irish League of Credit Unions (ILCU) is the representative body of the credit union movement providing leadership, co-operation, support and development to credit unions in both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. The ILCU provides a myriad of supports and services to its members including Business Support, Monitoring, Supervisory and IT.
The ILCU wishes to recruit a Chief ICT Officer. The successful candidate will be part of the senior management team and be responsible for delivering ICT services to the ILCU and its regulated subsidiaries. The Chief ICT Officer will report to the CEO of the Irish League of Credit Unions with an additional reporting line to the National Technology Committee (NTC) of the ILCU, in respect of ICT governance matters for which the committee has responsibility.
The ILCU Chief ICT Officer is responsible for delivering ICT services to the ILCU and its regulated subsidiaries, and selected enterprise services to all affiliated credit unions in Ireland. The role includes the following responsibilities:
• Ensure that ICT vision and strategy are aligned with those of the ILCU, its regulated subsidiaries and the wider credit union movement.
• Proactively manage ICT operations in a manner that ensures service availability, system and data security, and in accordance with best practice in risk and compliance.
• Prioritise continuous improvement and implement solutions that support the business, add value and maximise cost efficiencies.
• Promote the value of aligned ICT strategies, across the ILCU, its subsidiaries and the wider credit union movement, and influence business decisions to maximize returns on ICT infrastructure investments.
• Represent the ILCU on all ICT related matters with stakeholders, to ensure a consistent message that is compatible with the strategy and vision.
The successful candidate should possess a:
• Third level Degree, or equivalent, in Information Technology or related field.
• A minimum of eight years experience in leading, managing and/or directing IT developments and/or operations; with at least five years experience, at an appropriate level, in the financial services industry. Experience in the Insurance Industry would be an advantage.
• Experience of achieving project completion by managing others within agreed timeframes and budgets.
• Clear knowledge of, and experience in, web strategy and web based projects.
• Substantial exposure to ICT Architecture; Advanced understanding of portfolio management; Experience in procurement, and managing contractual relationships with ICT suppliers and service providers; and Experience of working with, and managing, telecommunications suppliers and a thorough up to date knowledge (Wide Area Networks, etc.) of the Telecommunications industry.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be provided reflecting the seniority and importance of the position. Applications for the post should be accompanied by a letter outlining why you should be considered for the position and what strengths you would bring to the role.
To apply for this position please send your CV and letter of application to Ms Margaret Davern, HR Manager, ILCU, 33-41 Lower Mount Street, Dublin 2 or click APPLY.
The closing date for applications is, 5pm, Monday 27th March 2017