Chief Executive Officer
1 day left
- Full Time
Circle Voluntary Housing Association (Circle VHA) was set up in 2003 to provide high quality social and affordable housing to families and individuals in the Dublin area. Circle VHA is registered with the Charities Regulatory Board, the Residential Tenancies Board and has certified status from the Housing Finance Agency.
Circle VHA operates in 28 schemes across Dublin and Kildare, providing housing to approved applicants on local authority housing waiting lists. Circle VHA works in partnership with tenants, statutory and community-based agencies to enable socially responsible, environmentally acceptable and sustainable communities in its developments. Circle VHA also provide facilities management services.
The vacancy for the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) position will arise in Q3 of 2017.
Reporting to the Board of Circle VHA, the CEO is responsible for:
- Growing the scale of our housing management provision via acquisitions, design and build, leasing/stock transfer/mergers
- Developing the quality and effectiveness of our internal processes and management systems to ensure a robust and adaptable organisation that provides quality housing, facilities and corporate services to its tenants and stakeholders
- Improving and developing the quality of our housing and estate management services to our tenants
- Promoting the brand of Circle VHA as being a trusted social housing provider of good quality social housing and facilities management services
- Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with key stakeholders such as local authorities, developers and the Department of Housing Planning & Local Government
- Enabling the Circle VHA response to Government housing policy and changing housing needs
- Maintaining and developing the financial stability of the organisation so that the core activities are sustainable for current social housing provision and future growth
- Developing our internal systems and structures to ensure that the organisation is fit for purpose and that practices are consistent with the agreed organisational values
- Supporting the development of future strategic and operational plans, and
- Leading and developing a team of direct report staff.
The ideal candidate will hold a senior management position in a relevant sector and will have extensive experience gained over a number of years in:
- Negotiating with funders and service providers relating to deliverables, budget and timeframes for significant new development projects
- Overseeing multiple projects at each of development and implementation stages, working with stakeholders and direct reports to monitor budgets, milestones and standards and to resolve operational issues that arise
- Working within a regulatory context, ensuring that all governance and operational policies and practices adhere to both legislative requirements and best practice standards
- Developing internal systems and structures, and
- Leading and developing a team of staff to deliver to their maximum potential.
A third level education is a prerequisite.
The position is based in Dublin. Occasional travel within Ireland will be required.
Appointment will be on a five-year fixed term contract basis.
Applications should be sent to Helen Cahill - click APPLY by Friday 24th March 2017.
Informal enquires prior to application are welcome, please contact Helen Cahill on 086 811 6117.
All enquiries and applications will be handled in strict confidence.
Apply for Chief Executive Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly