Lead Senior Software Engineer
4 days left
- Full Time
Are you looking for a role in a global medical technology company that researches creates and develops specialised devices, software solutions and systems that save and improve lives. At BD you will be part of a Global team with one mission, improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services. Working at BD, you can be confident that you will be advancing the world of health, helping all people live healthy lives.
We are looking for talented individuals like you to join our new research and development (R&D) Centre of Excellence in Limerick. Positions include product and software development, clinical research instrumentation and prototype development, primarily for our Life Sciences segment.
If this sounds like you and you’re eager to play a part in BD’s exciting journey we have a place for you. Here you’ll find cutting-edge technology and the creative environment you need to be inspired and tap into your inner genius. Join us and be amazing.
We are looking for a talented Lead Senior Software Engineer who has a passion for delivering great software products that meet customer needs. The right candidate will be a self-motivated positive person who puts team goals ahead of individual accomplishments and collaborates often and effectively with project team members to achieve the scheduled work. The Software Engineer will participate in a full software development life cycle and adhere to a quality management system. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a highly technical software engineering team building our next-generation Informatics solutions encompassing deployed, cloud, and mobile applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work independently to specify, plan, design, develop, test and support software components as assigned
- Lead the team to establish requirements, specifications, and test plans for software product validation
- Contribute to project schedule generation including scope of work, duration of tasks, and order of execution
- Responsible for translating requirements into design and implementation of well-structured and documented software components
- Present/Participate in design reviews and code inspections
- Evaluate and implement solutions to assigned defect issues
- Mentor other software developers to create high quality, robust software
- Anticipate system faults, failures, or unusual events, ensuring software adequately mitigates identified risks
- Develop automated unit test cases to assure software meets the design criteria
- Monitor work progress against schedule commitments, reports progress to leadership in a timely fashion, including when work will not be completed according to schedule milestones
- Adhere to all BD Life Sciences development policies and software quality procedures
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related Engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in software development
- Experience of leading and managing teams
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with C# - ASP.NET MVC development
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience with databases such as MS SQL Server
- Experience with Entity Framework and/or LINQ
- Experience developing Service-Oriented Architectures and Restful Interfaces
- Action oriented with a focus on results
- Demonstrated positive work ethic with a strong commitment to achieving project goal
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Experience working in a regulated (FDA) environment with medical instrumentation is a plus
Becton Dickinson is a global medical technology company. We create specialized devices, solutions and systems for different needs across the healthcare continuum. But we serve all of them with one single and relentless human purpose: advancing the world of health. This single purpose drives each of our employees around the world in making a difference in the lives of millions.
We are expanding our footprint across Ireland which a new state of the art office opening in the next few months. Join us and be part of a passionate team of individuals dedicated to improving the lives of people all around the world.
Our people have discovered the difference, now its your turn!
Apply for Lead Senior Software Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly