Senior Software Configuration Manager
BD is currently seeking Senior Software Configuration Management Engineer to join our exciting and growing team. At BD you will have the opportunity to create software applications that are used to help all people live healthy lives.
Responsibilities include design and develop automated builds that allow efficient configuration management of software developed in C# and Java. Generate metrics about the build such as profiling, unit test, and coverage reports.
Demonstrate sound design skills and ideas that will improve the build process and procedures in order to help improve the overall quality of the source code. Implement branching and merging techniques for major and minor releases including patch releases. Coordinate build schedules with each development team. Release staged software builds to development, quality engineering and production environments. May be required to work off hours as the need arises to perform maintenance or solve production related issues.
Demonstrate proficiency in writing build scripts that will ultimately be reviewed. Good programming practices when writing Perl, MSBuild, and Ant scripts. Develop tests for the installation scripts and build scripts. In addition develop new CM tools to improve efficiency of SCM and QA process. Must maintain the integrity of the source code management TFS, ClearCase and the Defect Database (ClearQuest) including software upgrades.
Responsible for implementing solutions with .NET Framework including packaging and signing assemblies. Familiarity with some of the .Net tools such Nunit, and NCover. Prior knowledge or use of Sandcastle for building developer documentation is a plus.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree required.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in build/release engineering and configuration management.
- Experience with Windows 7, XP Operating System, Web Servers, Windows Server 2008
- Experience in TFS, Clearcase, Clearquest, Perl, InstallShield, and the use of build scripts.
- Experience in the Software Development Life Cycle
- Windows 7, XP Operating System, Web Servers, Windows Server 2008
- Solid background in TFS, Clearcase, Clearquest, Perl, InstallShield, and the use of build scripts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Familiarity with C#, Java languages.
- Proficiency using XML, XSLT and build tools such as MSBuild, devenv, Ant, Nunit, FxCop, VMWare
- Experience using relational databases such as Oracle and Sybase.
- Knowledge of using HTML and CSS for web page generation.
- Good oral and written communication skills required for interacting with multiple project teams including Software Development, Quality Engineering and Quality Assurance.
- Good multi-tasking skills required for moving between various areas of responsibility.
Becton Dickinson is a global medical technology company. We create specialized devices, solutions and systems for different needs across the healthcare continuum. But we serve all of them with one single and relentless human purpose: advancing the world of health. This single purpose drives each of our employees around the world in making a difference in the lives of millions.
We are expanding our footprint across Ireland which a new state of the art office opening in the next few months. Join us and be part of a passionate team of individuals dedicated to improving the lives of people all around the world.
Our people have discovered the difference, now its your turn!