Customs & International Trade Specialists
Are you an experienced professional in Customs & International Trade looking for a unique opportunity in a newly created role within Ireland’s largest Tax practice?
What this role can offer you:
- A rare opportunity to join our indirect Tax practice and grow our Trade & Customs department.
- The chance to obtain global exposure in engaging both EU & US customs.
- Frequent opportunities to get involved in and influence a multitude of global projects
- Expand your global network with the opportunity to travel to other KPMG offices around the world.
- Develop your experience in a stand-alone vacancy, giving you the ability to influence Tax policies in Ireland.
We are seeking Customs & International Trade Specialist (at Manager level) to join the largest indirect Tax practice in Ireland on a permanent contract. We are looking for candidates with either professional services experience or relevant experience obtained in an industry or Revenue role.
The successful candidate will work within the KPMG indirect tax service team working with clients and other KPMG teams in Ireland and internationally. Suitable candidates will need to demonstrate strong specialist Customs & International Trade expertise, ability to operate in a team environment and be able to communicate complex matters to clients and colleagues in a clear fashion.
Key responsibilities include:
- Advising on Irish and international Customs and international trade matters such as customs valuation, tariff classification, origin, Customs suspension procedures, trade licensing and on Excise Duty matters.
- Working with the indirect tax team to further develop the Customs and international trade practice within the firm
- Interacting with Revenue on specific client issues as well as on policy and practice matters.
- Delivering internal training to KPMG colleagues, as well as knowledge-sharing on an ongoing basis
You will need to have the following in order to apply:
- 4 + years’ experience obtained in either professional services, industry or Revenue.
- Customs & Trade experience obtained in Ireland and/or the UK.
Preferential but not essential:
- An accounting, legal or Tax qualification.
KPMG’s Indirect Tax group comprises a multi-disciplined team of consultants with backgrounds in, finance, tax, law, project management, technology and risk management. We provide our clients with an integrated, multi-disciplined approach to managing their local and international indirect tax requirements. Due to increased market demand, we are expanding our Customs & International Trade practice to further enhance our offering to our clients.
We offer excellent remuneration packages at all levels. At management grades, we offer an extremely competitive base salary, performance based bonus, and a KPMG flexible benefits package.
We take pride in recognising and rewarding hard work and achievement through regular promotions, which take place twice yearly.
Your development is assured through on-the-job training and a comprehensive programme of workshop sessions run by the KPMG Business School, locally and internationally.
If you are interested in the above role, please submit a CV via the apply button. If you have any specific queries on the role, please contact Laura White on Laura.White@kpmg.ie - click APPLY.