Director of Sales
About the Employer:
Our client, one of the leading hotel groups in Ireland, is currently recruiting a Director of Sales to join their Senior Management team. The Director of Sales will be responsible for achieving business objectives, maximising revenue and developing and setting the revenue and sales strategy for the Group.
As Director of Sales, your duties & responsibilities will include:
- Developing a sales plan for the Hotels for the corporate market in line with annual budget.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key clients and outside contacts in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food & beverage sales, and catering/banquet services.
- Identifying operational problems that reduce the effectiveness of sales and marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with appropriate department on solutions.
- Driving new business from all sectors with a key responsibility for the corporate market local and International.
- Seeking feedback from key clients and communicate back to Senior Management team and General Managers.
- Scheduling business group activities at the hotels and coordinate with other departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Achieving budgeted revenues and personal/team sales goals and maximising profitability. Participating in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel marketing plan and business plan, and financial plans.
- Managing day to day sales activities, planning and assigning work, and establishing performance and development goals for team members. Providing mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team member performance, and recognise good performance
The Successful Candidate:
- You have 6 years’ sales management experience in the hospitality industry. 3-4 of these years at DOS/ADOS level with the experience and a proven track record of sourcing and developing dynamic sales teams.
- You have a Hospitality/ Travel / Tourism /Sales Degree.
- You have concrete negotiation skills, adaptable employee management skills, impressive presentation skills and you are effective in dealing with budgets and forecasts.
If you wish to apply for the position of Director of Sales, please send your CV in word format - click APPLY.