Chief Operating Officer
About the Employer:
Our client, one of the leading hotel groups in Ireland, is currently recruiting a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to join their Senior Management team. Reporting directly to the CEO, the COO will be responsible for leading the operational and commercial efficiency of the group.
As a Chief Operating Officer, your duties & responsibilities will include:
- Leading the development and implementation of the group hotel strategy in conjunction with the senior management team.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of each hotel’s performance, management practices, processes and activities; ensuring appropriate measures are taken to optimise the performance of all hotel operations.
- Recruitment and development of the senior team members in each property or operational division.
- Leading, coaching, developing and retaining a high-performance team.
- Setting targets for each hotel, the senior operational team and the revenue generating support departments that coincide with company’s overall objectives. Evaluating performance of direct reports.
- Developing and delivering projects and renovations required to deliver the hotel group’s strategic plan.
- Collaborate with the CEO and senior management team in finding the best solutions and action plans to deliver the vision for the hotels.
- Revenue maximization and optimising cost control via GM’s, Revenue Manager and Director of Sales as required.
- Ensuring timely, accurate, and complete reports on the status of operations to CEO and other stakeholders.
- Advising the CEO on hotel activities and requirements.
- Developing strong relationships with key stakeholders and industry colleagues.
- Ensuring technology infrastructure is appropriate to support hotel’s current and future requirements to operate effectively.
- Fostering effective communication, accountability, and ownership; supporting an organizational culture that promotes initiative, appropriate risk-taking, learning, creativity, cooperation, delivering results and mutual respect.
The Successful Candidate:
- Minimum 8-10 years of hospitality experience, with at least 5-10 years in a General Manager or Director level position. Management at director level in other industries considered also.
- Multiple property management experience is preferable.
- Previous experience of leading organizational transformation projects and program development.
- Strong managerial and superior leadership skills to create productive work environments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, a credible and energetic communicator.
- Strong interpersonal skills to maintain professional relations with vendors, employees, clients and customers.
- The ability to coordinate many business demands with a pro-active and positive approach.
- Self-directed, action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible and innovative approach to operational hotel management.
If you wish to apply for the position of Chief Operating Officer, please send your CV in word format - click APPLY.
Apply for Chief Operating Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly