This is the new home for experimentation, co-creation and experiential design, and an exciting opportunity to put design doing at the heart of innovation.
Who are you?
You are a kick-ass Interaction Design (UX) Director ready to join a fast-paced, growing innovation centre. You will operate across all stages of the innovation spectrum, with a remit to build the future in real-time. You will thrive in an open and interactive working environment, which facilitates collaboration with colleagues, clients and ecosystem partners. Our experimentation culture, combined with a disruptive brief, will ensure that together we will make it count.
· Collaborate with the Resourcing & Planning Manager and Service Design Leads to structure project work, plan and execute client proposals and pitches, and take responsibility for quality of design and successful delivery of interaction design work.
· Participate in the early stages of service or application definition and proposition creation, such as participation in brainstorms or user-focused offerings.
· Consistently demonstrate unconventional and brilliant thinking.
· Leverage Service Design Academy methods and participate and contribute to new SDA methods.
· Introduce alternative approaches and methods.
· Provide and readily receive ‘critical’ feedback.
· Convert feedback and relish balancing multiple, sometimes conflicting, inputs when arriving at a final design.
Carry out and contribute to
· User & design research – planning, conducting and synthesizing
· Concept development, service mapping, interaction design modelling.
· Comparative reviewing and service benchmarking.
· Information architecture, interface/interaction design.
· Concept and design documentation.
· Understand visual design across all platforms.
· Facilitate and contribute to the creation, adoption and improvement of interaction design documentation and guidelines and their consistent deployment across various projects.
Client & Project Facing
· Quickly establish key stakeholders and establish relationship with client.
· Articulate the story and vision effectively with client and key stakeholders and to act as primary contact when independently leading projects.
· Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential issues, and consider contingency plans.
· Spot new business opportunities.
o Effectively and rapidly define and communicate project expectations to team members.
o Lead and coordinate the work of a project team either independently or in conjunction with the Service Design Director.
o Manage and maintain team motivation and morale.
o Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
o Engage with and direct freelancers and staff from other offices enlisted to support the project team, as and when required.
o Identify and resolve or escalate issues and conflicts within the project team.
o Engage and partner with external experts and service providers, as and when required.
o Support recruitment efforts for Interaction Design within the Centre,
· Seek out opportunities for self-development.
· Effectively manage administration such as time reporting, expense submission etc.
· Engage with and work within changing multi-disciplinary teams.
· Develop and maintain open honest and trusting relationships.
· Continually strive to exceed client expectations.
· Communicate in a clear, consistent and transparent manner.
Your Skills and Qualifications
· At least 10 + years relevant industry experience.
· In possession of a relevant degree or professional qualification(s).
· Prior experience designing applications that balance user needs, commercial interests and technological constraints.
· Proficient in relevant software packages.
· Able to clearly present concepts and justify design decisions.
· Able to multi-task and perform well under pressure.
· Careful attention to detail.
· Able to work independently and identify and solve problems effectively and efficiently.
· Able to function, adapt and succeed in a constantly changing environment.
· Proactive, self-sufficient and professional, with strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
· Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence.
· Able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written English.
· Able to demonstrate initiative.
Please note, as part of all Designer recruitment processes, we require a portfolio of your relevant work or we will not be able to consider your application.
Please be sure to include a link to an online or downloadable portfolio on your CV, or, be sure to attach an additional document with a portfolio of your work, as part of your online application for this role.
Apply for UX Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly