Director of Operations
3 days left
- Full Time
Responsible for: Senior Quality and Safety Specialist(s); Quality and Safety Specialist(s); Quality and Safety Support
Overview: The Director of Operations is responsible for ensuring the effective implementation of HCI’s projects and support services in the areas of healthcare quality improvement, risk management and healthcare compliance.
Responsibilities of Director of Operations:
1.0 Provision of Service to Clients
- Oversee and project manage all HCI quality and safety management projects and services undertaken, in Ireland, including but not limited to:
- Quality and Safety Management System development, operation and support (HCI Quest TM)
- Provision of ancillary support services such as incident investigation, risk management and staff education.
- Provide clients with expertise in relation to healthcare quality improvement, risk management and healthcare regulatory and accreditation compliance.
- Provide services which focus on the improvement of care for the patient, resident, client and service user of health care services.
- Provide clients with the appropriate services to achieve the requirements outlined within the project proposals and / or service agreement.
- Provide services to the client to meet their objectives and the aims agreed in the project plan.
- Define and achieve specific outcomes for all aspects of service delivery.
- Maximise the utilisation of innovation and IT in the provision of services in particular Q-Pulse and Salesforce.
2.0 Client Management
- Develop strong ongoing relationships with current clients.
- Identify areas for on-going service provision
- Ensure on-going evaluation of client satisfaction.
3.0 Resource Management
- Allocate appropriate resources to the projects. Maximise the utilisation of all resources, human and otherwise, in the fulfilling of service objectives.
- Monitor project plans to ensure adherence to same. In the event of a delay in the project plan make appropriate adjustments to the schedule, in consultation with the client, to manage this.
- Support the effective utilisation of the HCI Support Team and Research and Development Team in fulfilling service objectives.
- Provide monthly reports re:
- Activity Reports
- Project Risk Register
- Project Plans
- Resource Allocation
- Resource Variations to Plans
4.0 Staff and General Management
- Support the HCI Operational Team to fulfil their roles and responsibilities.
- Provide staff education and development.
- Assist in the identification and recruitment of new staff.
- Under take staff performance reviews.
- Be part of the HCI Management Team.
- Provide input into the strategic direction of HCI.
- Represent HCI at a senior level.
- Undertake ongoing education and training
- Provide effective leadership
5.0 Quality Management System
- Undertake all actives in line with, and to help achieve, the HCI Mission Statement
- Ensure all process are standardised, controlled and monitored, to maximse the outcomes to the client and the end user.
- Ensure continued development and implementation of the HCI Quality Management System, and its compliance with applicable regulatory standards, within areas of responsibility.
- Identify and manage non-conformances and related rectification.
- Schedule and undertake internal quality audits.
The above list is not exhaustive, and is indicative of the responsibilities of this role, as allocated by the COO.
6.0 Qualifications and Experience
- Masters level in healthcare
- Experience of quality and safety management systems in a healthcare context
- Project management experience
- Previous management experience
- Knowledge of the Irish healthcare regulatory framework
- Excellent analytical and report-writing skills
- Motivation and ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience of Quality Management Software
- Full Clean Driving License
This position is based in Sandyford, Dublin 18. The successful candidate will be required to travel to various areas of the Republic of Ireland in the fulfilment of their duties.
Apply for Director of Operations
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly