Chief Executive Officer
1 day left
- Full Time
Horse Sport Ireland is the Governing Body for Equestrian Sport in Ireland. The organisation is recognised by the FEI, OCI, Sport Ireland
and Sport NI.
Horse Sport Ireland wishes to recruit a Chief Executive Officer to lead the organisation through its next phase of growth and to implement the changes necessary to deliver on its strategic objectives so that resources can be deployed effectively and efficiently in support of current and future needs of the Sport Horse sector. Based in Naas, the organisation manages a variety of functions across the industry;
• Acts as the National Federation as recognised by the Fédération Équestre Internationale (FEI).
• Responsible for the selection and management of Irish Equestrian teams competing internationally in FEI disciplines and at the Olympics.
• Acts as the key interface with Government and Government agencies on behalf of the Equestrian sector
• Runs High Performance Programmes, National Horse Anti-Doping Programmes and National Coaching Development Programmes
across all equestrian disciplines
• Maintains the Irish Horse Register for Irish Sport Horse and Irish Draught Horse Studbooks under licence from the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine
• Issues ID documents for horses under licence from the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine
• Operates the online Pedigree, Progeny and Performance database
Reporting to the Chairman of Horse Sport Ireland, the successful candidate will provide strategic leadership, direction and stewardship
across all elements of the organisation. The role of the CEO will be to lead and manage the organisation in the delivery of the strategic
and operational plans so as to provide value, integrity and performance across the sector.
During 2016 the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine engaged Indecon International Economic Consultants to carry out a review of the structure of Horse Sport Ireland and its relationship with its affiliates. It is anticipated that this review will be completed by the end of February 2017.
The position requires a focussed, strategic leader who will ensure that the organisation is positioned to deliver its strategic plan. The successful candidate will act as the key industry representative across Government and regulatory bodies, affiliate organisations, stakeholders, volunteers, customers, suppliers and other industry participants. We are seeking to attract a strong and effective leader with a proven track record of achievement around planning, organisational effectiveness, governance and financial management with the energy, drive and passion to bring Horse Sport Ireland through its next level of development.
Lansdowne Executive Search has been retained by Horse Sport Ireland to manage the recruitment process for this role.
To apply, please email a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and supporting letter to; Tom Keane, Partner, Lansdowne Executive Search. Click APPLY
For a confidential discussion, please contact Tom Keane
on +353 1 555 6246 or +353 87 7413085.
Closing date for receipt of applicants is 5pm on Friday March 24th 2017.
Horse Sport Ireland is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for Chief Executive Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly