Our client, a well-known FMCG company based in Dublin City Centre, is seeking a Financial Controller to join their team. This role has arisen due to restructuring within the Finance function and will involve working closely with the Head of Finance to support business strategy and decision making.
The candidate will be key in driving and fostering a culture of quality service delivery and strong financial control and will be responsible for managing a team of 4/5 people.
- Production of timely and accurate monthly management accounts with relevant variance analysis, bridge to flash and analytical review
- Liaising with key internal stakeholders across the businesses.
- To ensure complete accuracy over stock valuation process including PL costings, Balance Sheet valuations and stock projections
- To ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are performed and reviewed and reconciled within a suitable timeframe on a monthly basis, leading to continuous improvements in the month end file
- Significant involvement in the year-end audit process and budget process, and liaising with external and internal auditors
- To produce timely and accurate forward book calculations. To make recommendations on provisioning levels and maintaining and controlling provision levels and calculations thereof
- To work closely with the Head of Finance to generate a value-adding culture in the Finance Team and to increase the value and timeliness of the support and commercial information provided
- “Big 4” qualified accountant with at least 5+ years industry experience, preferably in the FMCG sector
- Strong problem solving ability
- Highly driven and motivated, and works well on own initiative
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to bring the best out of people
- Strong and assertive personality with ability to stand their ground and maintain independence
- Ability and drive to implement process improvements