Advisory Consulting - Digital Architect - Consultant
4 days left
- Full Time
Digital technology has transformed the scope, scale and potential of business in recent years and many of our clients are now facing a tipping point. Advances in social media, smart mobility, consumption analytics and cloud computing are creating a world that is both more complex and more connected than ever before. Smart mobile devices, driverless vehicles, artificial intelligence, drones and robotics are changing the way our societies operate and how we do business. We are now living in a ‘Digital Age’ .
We believe technology is there to solve real business problems and continue to embed architecture across our consulting practice as the core method for all structured business and technology analyses and engagements. We are looking for talented and versatile Architects to join our digital and technology teams in a fun and dynamic environment where you can build your career.
The role requires you to draw heavily upon previous business change and technology implementation experience to architect and design pragmatic solutions using industry best practices in order to meet our client’s business needs. The role focuses on a broad range of technology areas where experience in software development lifecycle and project management is expected.
As part of an “internal start-up”, development and progression will be steep but we anticipate you will be provided with opportunities to influence and manage projects for the some of Ireland’s largest organisations. We will provide you with a range of support both on client engagements and in helping you to advance you in your career ‑ from personal development, on-the-job training, and access to formal training opportunities where necessary.
Although we are based in Spencer Dock, Dublin, our Technology practice works with clients throughout Ireland. You will have the opportunity to travel and work outside Ireland from time to time.
- Digital/IT strategy development to support our client’s business strategy‑ working with our team to develop and test strategic hypotheses across a number of architecture domains and industries.
- Participation in collaborative architecture assessment sessions with clients, using proven PwC IP and methodologies and propose solutions that increase business value, optimise performance and enhance quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to architect, estimate and lead projects end-to-end
- Highly motivated self-starter and an evangelist for "doing things right"
- Work as an effective team member during an engagement by communicating relevant issues, requesting feedback and coaching junior team members.
- Ability to deliver a workstream or produce client ready deliverables
- Develop strong and effective working relationships with clients and team members
Education / Professional Qualifications:
- A recognised University Degree or equivalent, preferably specialising in Computer Science or Business/Management Information Systems.
- Certification in at least one of the Enterprise Architecture frameworks such as MODAF, DODAF, PEAF, Zachman and in particular TOGAF 9.1
- Relevant Certification to Architecture level in vendor specific technologies /commercially available products from Microsoft, Oracle/Java, Salesforce, Workday, SAP, AWS, RedHat, VMWare.
- Enterprise/ Solution Architecture experience in high volume, high revenue, high availability digital and/or mobile environment
- At least 3 years’ architecture (business and technical) experience with a track record in a systems integration or consulting firm.
- Detailed experience across a number of; Cloud Computing, Mobile, Messaging and Integration, SOA/RESTful/MicroServices, ERP, CRM, DevOps, Infrastructure, Security, Service Management, Analytics, Data Warehousing, ETL, Business Intelligence, IOT, Social Media, FinTech.
- Proven experience in business development such as client relationship management and leading and contributing to client proposals.
- A track record of delivery within a number of large scale IT transformation projects, demonstrating ownership of architecture solutions and managing change.
- Experience in the architecture of solutions to support Continuous delivery, continuous integration, automated testing and deployment to deliver an agile delivery model.
- The application of knowledge and thought leadership of the technology trends, dynamics, and issues within at least one industry sector.
- Experience in developing people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring staff.