Head of Commercial and Business Development
Dublin Bus is a wholly owned subsidiary of CIE whose ‘principal activity
is the provision of a comprehensive bus service for the city of Dublin and
its hinterland’. With a fleet of 980 buses and a headcount of over 3,300,
the customer revenue of Dublin Bus, as recently published, was €228m in
year ending 2015; this was an increase of 5.6% on the previous year and a
performance the company wishes to enhance in what is expected to be a
more competitive and challenging business environment going forward.
Dublin Bus, as part of a strategic reorganisation of the business, wishes to recruit a ‘Head of Commercial and Business Development’ to the Executive/Leadership team who will report to the Chief Executive Officer and be accountable for:
• Implementation and delivery of commercial and business development strategy
• Identification of new opportunities in both the commercial and public service obligation areas of the business
• Leading the marketing & sales, commercial, customer service, regulatory affairs and media & communications teams
Ideal Candidate Profile
The appointee will have:
• Proven ability in a sales and marketing/business development role
• Proven ability in managing relationships with key stakeholders
• Excellent leadership and organisational skills
• Third level qualification desirable
Preferred latest date for receipt of applications is 3 February 2017.
Candidates should forward by email full career details in complete confidence, stating how they meet the requirements for this post, to
Barry Herriott, Search and Selection. Tel +353 87 255 5500 or Click APPLY.
Dublin Bus is an equal opportunities employer