Quality & Patient Safety Manager, CHO 9
The purpose of the post is to ensure a proactive approach to Quality and Safety across the CHO inclusive of Risk and Incident Management.
This will involve supporting the implementation of the HSE Risk and Incident management policy and guidance through the Quality & Clinical Risk Management process to facilitate the continuous improvement of the quality of care by examining the systems involved in the care process.
Candidates must have at the latest date of application:
1. An academic award in Risk Management or Quality in Healthcare at level 6 (or higher) on the Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) framework or equivalent or currently studying for same
A professional qualification in a health related area or currently studying for same
2.Significant experience of working in the health services in a post that has involved quality and risk management as relevant to this role
3. Experience of leading change in a complex organisation
4. Experience of delivering training programmes
5. Experience of managing and working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
6. Experience of team management
7. Have the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and management ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office.